Ok, I’m going to admit, I was absolutely inspired by a couple of posts that I will link. One is about giving your children a 1970’s summer and the other was about a mother’s explanation of summer. I am totally going there is THIS Top 5 Tuesday.
1. My friend’s HUGE (ok, it was itty bitty, but it felt HUGE to us) Swimming Pool. Every year we would wait for the weather to hit 80 so that we could get her pool set up. I can remember calling the weather lines on my grandmothers rotary dial phones and praying at least 1 of them said it was 80 degrees.
2. Swimming at the YMCA. It wasn’t an ALL the time event, but when it happened, it was magical… well, sometimes anyway 😉
3. Swimming at another friends BIG (REAL) pool. There were a couple of summer’s I can remember spending quite a bit of time with this friend. Isn’t it funny that while I am not the greatest doggie paddler out there, over half of this weeks post is about swimming.
4. Riding Bikes For HOURS. Okay, we really weren’t riding that WHOLE time, but in the neighborhood I grew up in, we were always spotted by bikes. If we couldn’t find our friend, we just rode around until we saw their bike somewhere.
5. Summer Camps. Some people might find it a shock (mainly my mom) but, it is last because while it was awesome and amazing, it wasn’t THE BEST time, it was, however, a really good time. It deserves to be mentioned on my Top 5 for sure 🙂
So there you have it, my Top 5 Memories… now I better get the kids a small pool for the yard so they can start making the same memories I did as a child… Oh, wait, I already have one!!!